Recover Formatted SD Card With This Reliable Data Recovery Solution
Getting an SD card formatted is probably one of the worst things to happen to anyone, especially when such devices contain important or sensitive data. It doesn’t matter if you have formatted your SD card by mistake or had to do it to resolve a critical issue. Doing so can end up in unexpected data loss in one way or another. While it might seem like the end of the world, you can easily recover formatted SD card content by following the right approach. In the following, we will discuss a step by step solution to perform SD card recovery using a Mac or Windows application.
SD card classification and types
Before we discuss the working of a Mac data recovery tool in detail, it is important to cover the basics. For instance, you should know the type of SD card that you own so that you can easily perform SD card recovery on Mac or Windows. Ideally, SD cards can be classified on the basis of the following parameters.
This is the most common way to classify SD cards as it plays a crucial role in determining their cost as well. Most of the common capacities are 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, 128 GB, 1 TB, and so on. These days, even two or four TB SD cards are also available.
By transfer speed
This is the second most important characteristics of SD cards. The ultra fast cards are of either class 1 or 3. On the other hand, normal SD cards can be of class 2, 4, 6 or 10 (2 is the slowest while 10 is the fastest).
A lot of people prefer smaller cards due to their compactness. Ideally, SD cards can be available in standard, micro or mini sizes. Standards cards have the dimension of 32x24x2.1 mm and are mostly used for PC. Mini SD cards (of dimension 21.5x20x1.4 mm) and micro SD cards (of dimension 15x11x1 mm) are mostly used in phones, digital cameras, and other compact devices.
Recoverit SD card data recovery for Mac and Windows
Recoverit Data Recovery is developed by Wondershare and supports all the above-listed SD cards. It also supports every major card manufactured by popular brands like Sony, SanDisk, Kingston, Patriot, HP, Samsung, etc. The recovery software supports all the major data types like photos, videos, audios, documents, compressed files, and more. It also provides a preview of the extracted content, letting us select the files we wish to recover.
- The file recovery software for Mac and Windows features an intuitive interface and a simple click-through process.
- It can recover all kinds of data from a formatted SD card. Some other data loss scenarios that it supports are corrupt storage, accidental deletion, malware attack, and more.
- It supports more than 1,000 different file formats and every major data type.
- The desktop application is available for free and supports macOS 10.6 or any later version (as well as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10)
- It supports all kinds of SD cards including standard, micro and mini cards of all the major brands. Apart from SD cards, you can also perform data recovery on USB drives, external hard disks, and other sources.
How to recover formatted SD card data?