HIMSS is now accepting nominations for awards and scholarships that recognize significant professional contributions to the field of health IT, from outstanding leadership in industry service, service to HIMSS, chapter activity, and publications. Online nominations for both awards and scholarships will be accepted through Friday, August 28 at 5 p.m. CT.
Awards: Award recipients are volunteers and leaders in the field who have contributed to the improvement of healthcare through the use of information and management systems. In 2015, 12 awards will be given in the following categories:
“I joined HIMSS in 1988 for professional growth and networking. HIMSS allows me to further health IT adoption for providers in Nebraska,” said Kevin Conway, Nebraska chapter, 2014 HIMSS Chapter Leader of the Year Award Recipient.
Scholarships: The HIMSS Foundation and HIMSS chapters annually awards scholarships to HIMSS student members who have achieved academic excellence and have potential as future leaders in the healthcare information and management systems industry. The 2015 scholarships include:
HIMSS Foundation Scholarships
- Healthcare Information Management Systems
- Richard P. Covert, PhD, LFHIMSS Scholarship for Management Systems
- Northern California Chapter Scholarship
- South Florida Chapter Scholarship
- Virginia Chapter Scholarship
Five tips to follow for award and scholarship nominations:
- Submit an awards nomination on the HIMSS awards page.
- Apply for a HIMSS Foundation or HIMSS chapter scholarship on the HIMSS scholarship page.
- Meet the deadline; submit all applications by 5 p.m. CDT on August 28.
- Visit the HIMSS website for announcement of the winners in January 2016.
- Join the celebration and buy a ticket for the HIMSS16 Awards & Recognition Gala when registering for the conference, Feb. 29-March 4, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nev.
“The HIMSS Awards & Recognition program celebrates members who have added uniquely to the industry. Lifetime achievement, scholarship programs, activities or publications – HIMSS honors individuals, groups, and organizations for significant contributions to the Society, their organizations or to the field of health IT, “said JoAnn Klinedinst, M.Ed., CPHIMS, PMP, DES, FHIMSS, vice president, professional development, HIMSS.