HIMSS15 Trade Show Vendor Highlight: Practice Fusion
In this series, we are featuring some of the thousands of vendors who will be participating in the HIMSS15 conference and trade show. Through it, we hope to offer readers a closer look at some of the solution providers who will either be in attendance – with a booth showcasing and displaying key products and offerings – or that will have a presence of some kind at the show – key executives in attendance or presenting, for example.
Hopefully this series will give you a bit more useful information about the companies that help make this event, and the industry as a whole, so exciting.
Facilitating more than five million patient visits every month, Practice Fusion’s platform is the new gold standard for ambulatory EHR technology. We can support your organization’s goals for risk adjustment, accurate coding and coordinated care management—in real time and at scale. We also partner to support clinical programs in collaboration with our physicians to improve outcomes for patients at the population level. Finally, our connectivity services provide a single point of connection to our ecosystem of over 112,000 health care professionals nationwide.
Practice Fusion is the #1 cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) platform for doctors and patients, with a mission of connecting doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives. A driving force in modernizing American health care, Practice Fusion is used by a community of more than 112,000 active medical professionals with over 100 million patient records under management. In 2014, Practice Fusion’s EHR facilitated more than 56 million patient visits (approximately 6% of all ambulatory visits in the US) and is the fastest growing EHR in the US.
Founded in San Francisco in 2005 and bootstrapped in a Starbucks, Practice Fusion has grown dramatically, building the largest physician-patient community in the U.S.
Services and Products Offered
Clinical data exchange, HCC code assist, digital care management
- Cost-effective and timely expansion to ambulatory practices by facilitating care management across small, mid-size and large ambulatory practices nationwide
- Clinical messaging for physicians to pre-empt avoidable ER visits, reduce readmissions and ensure more accurate clinical documentation
- Accessible EHR technology for providers that is free, efficient, responsive across devices and cloud-based
- Scale – Practice Fusion is the largest cloud-based EHR with tens of thousands of physicians, including small and mid-size practices which can be difficult to engage efficiently
- Simplicity – One centralized platform, one simple connection for your entire community
- Intervention — Practice Fusion can facilitate intervention for both patients and doctors – before, during and after the visits
- Efficacy — All of our doctors and data are on one platform – therefore we can measure outcomes for all interventions and programs
Collaborating with health plans to achieve higher standards of care and more accurate clinical documentation
Key Executives at Conference
- Tom Langan, chief commercial officer
- Todd Martin, chief business operations officer
- Dan O’Neill, assoc. vice president of business development
- More 112,000 health care professionals
- More than 440 enterprise partners are now connected to Practice Fusion, the nation’s largest cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) platform: more than 150 health systems and hospitals have chosen Practice Fusion to support their clinical integration and provider affiliation initiatives; Practice Fusion has 364 labs across the country connected to its platform, with 64 hospitals and independent labs that have signed this year; Practice Fusion’s imaging partner network quadrupled thus far in 2014 thanks to 58 partnerships with independent chains and hospital radiology clinics; Together, these partners facilitate more than 12 million quarterly transmissions, exchanging data across the Practice Fusion network
- Partnered with 18 of 20 of the top pharmaceutical companies
One unified platform and one connection point means data exchange and partnerships are smooth and simple — solutions are live in weeks not months.
Number of full-time employees
More than 400
San Francisco, CA
Booth Bait (Swag) Offered
- Branded power bricks
- Branded Poco Dolce chocolate tiles that are SF made
Number of Previous HIMSS Conference Appearances
Five, first in 2010
Specific Reason for Attendance
Connect with innovative enterprise healthcare organizations to expand our ecosystem
Industry Outlook (What’s the most important, trend, topic or challenge the organization faces?)
Leveraging efficient and usable technology to improve patient outcomes at the population level