M*Modal today announced it will provide Marin General Hospital with a bundled, highly integrated suite of clinical documentation software and services, including transcription and front- and back-end speech recognition. M*Modal will deliver the solutions through a flexible, cloud-based platform that will enable Marin physicians to create and access high-quality patient records anywhere and anytime, helping to reduce documentation delays, improve productivity and streamline workflows.
Located in Greenbrae, California, Marin General Hospital is a 235-bed facility dedicated to providing quality health programs for the citizens of Marin County and the surrounding area. Using M*Modal’s integrated platform as part of its McKesson Paragon electronic medical record (EMR) system, Marin General was able to consolidate its clinical documentation resources with a single vendor.
“At Marin General, we want to provide our physicians the tools and technology they need to deliver superior patient care,” said Dr. Joel Sklar, Chief Medical Officer for Marin General. “We were blown away by M*Modal’s speech recognition technology and flexible platform, which gives our teams quick turnaround to accurate information and makes it easy for them to treat patients.”
To hear Marin General executives talk about their implementation of the M*Modal solution, visit mmodal.com/expectmore.
M*Modal’s single architecture supports clinician workflows regardless of how the patient story is captured – using front-end speech integrated within EMR systems, mobile device dictations or traditional back-end transcription.
M*Modal is providing Marin General with a full suite of products and services connected through data, content, functionality and cross-product workflows:
- M*Modal Transcription Services, scalable, high-quality documentation generated by a global team of experienced transcriptionists and editors.
- M*Modal Fluency for Transcription™, a single document workflow and workload management solution that includes integrated voice capture and speech recognition workflows, editing and electronic signature tools and real-time scoreboards/dashboards for at-a-glance insights from transcribed reports to improve documentation.
- M*Modal Fluency Flex™, a front-end speech solution embedded within M*Modal Fluency for Transcription, enabling physicians without an EMR system the option to self-edit or send to a transcriptionist.
- M*Modal Fluency Flex™ Mobile, which allows physicians to dictate using their iOS-based mobile device. The app captures high-quality audio which is securely transmitted for fast text conversion and transfer to an EMR system.
- M*Modal Fluency Direct™, speech recognition software which integrates directly with leading EMR systems, allowing physicians to simply speak into EMR systems and populate records in a single step.
“M*Modal’s solutions are enabling physicians at Marin General to generate rich and accurate patient records,” said Matt Jenkins, SVP of Strategy and Corporate Development at M*Modal. “Our single architecture leverages voice profiles across multiple platforms, so healthcare providers can create, access and manage clinical documentation anytime and anywhere. This kind of flexibility is unique to M*Modal, and our customers are seeing not only faster access to vital patient information but significant reductions in their transcription, technology and maintenance costs as a result.”
M*Modal is a leading healthcare technology provider of advanced clinical documentation solutions, enabling hospitals and physicians to enrich the content of patient electronic health records (EHR) for improved healthcare and comprehensive billing integrity. As one of the largest clinical transcription service providers in the U.S., with a global network of medical editors, M*Modal also provides advanced cloud-based Speech Understanding™ technology and data analytics that enable physicians and clinicians to include the context of their patient narratives into electronic health records in a single step, further enhancing their productivity and the cost-saving efficiency and quality of patient care at the point of care. For more information, please visit www.mmodal.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
# # #