Practice Fusion, the country’s largest physician-patient community, announced that its free cloud-based EHR platform is the highest-ranked EHR in customer satisfaction among primary care physicians. Brown-Wilson’s “Black Book Rankings 2014 Survey: Top Ambulatory Electronic Health Records Vendors” also ranked Practice Fusion as No. 1 among ambulatory practices specializing in general practice, pediatrics and family practice.
Brown-Wilson also examined EHR adoption and usage in the U.S. and found that 52 percent of respondents consider their top decision criteria for EHR selection to be connectivity or Meaningful Use achievement—a number that has risen 40 percent since July 2013. A close second in decision criteria was system and implementation costs at 42 percent. Iowa continues to boast the highest percentage of fully functional EHR implementation by state at 42 percent, a stark contrast to the low adoption rates in West Virginia and North Dakota, which each have a utilization rate of seven percent.
Full List of Practice Fusion’s Top Rankings in 2014:
- Top Overall Ambulatory EHR Vendor Honors: All Primary Care Practices
- Top Primary Care Vendor: Patient Health Data Management, Order Entry and Management, Results Review/Management and Decision Support
- Top EHR Vendor by Practice Size: Private/Independent Solo Physicians in Primary Care
- Top EHR Vendor by Practice Specialty: General Practice, Family Practice and Pediatrics
- Ranked No. 1 overall in 10 Key Performance Indicators:
- Vendor overall preference/vertical industry recommendations, Meaningful Use stage 1 & Meaningful Use stage 2
- Client relationships and cultural fit
- Scalability, client adaptability, flexible pricing
- Compensation and employee performance
- Brand image and marketing communications
- Marginal value adds
- Support and client customer care
- Best of breed technology and process improvement, Meaningful Use stage 3
“One of Practice Fusion’s core values is ‘focus on the customer and all else will follow’, and this report proves that we’re living that value,” said Ryan Howard, founder and CEO, Practice Fusion. “As the market evolves, we know that keeping our physician community at the forefront of every decision we make ensures that providers get an industry-leading EHR, allowing them to focus on what they do best – delivering excellent care and improving patient outcomes.”
“Year after year, we see Practice Fusion top our Top Ambulatory EHR Vendors reports,” said Doug Brown, president and CEO of Black Book Market Research. “It’s clear that, even in a tightening and increasingly complex market, Practice Fusion is continuing to lead the industry by providing a product that is a vital part of their users’ workflow, and critical to their practice.”
This report is based on findings from an independent survey conducted by Brown-Wilson of more than 22,000 qualified users of EHR systems, reporting on more than 600 EHR vendors. Among the most important attributes influencing EHR companies’ client satisfaction are customization, interfaces, reliability and deployment.
For more on this report, please visit www.blackbookrankings.com. Reporters interested in the full survey results and methodology may request a free copy of this report by emailing email@example.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion is the largest and fastest-growing healthcare platform, with a mission of connecting doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives. A driving force in modernizing American health care, Practice Fusion is used by a community of more than 112,000 monthly active medical professionals serving 81 million patients. In April 2013, the company launched its consumer-facing platform, Patient Fusion, where patients can find and book appointments with doctors and access their medical records. The World Economic Forum recognized Practice Fusion as a Technology Pioneer for 2013. www.practicefusion.com