NexGen Storage: Tech Deep Dive on VMware vSphere 6 with Best Practice Storage Considerations for VMware Virtual Volumes
NexGen Storage today announced a series of technical seminars titled ‘Putting VVOLs to Work – Storage Best Practices for vSphere 6 and Beyond.’ Hosted by Howard Marks, chief scientist of DeepStorage, LLC and Network Computing contributor, along with VMware Certified Professionals from NexGen, the complimentary seminars will provide a technical overview of the operational benefits of VMware vSphere 6 and the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL) feature within virtual infrastructures.
VMware’s vSphere 6 with VVOLs offer a tremendous opportunity to streamline management and gain finer control of hardware resources within virtual infrastructures. With expanded OS and larger cluster size support, vSphere 6 permits more consolidation and larger shared environments.
The ‘Best Practice Storage Considerations for VMware vSphere 6’ seminars will address:
- Why the buzz? Operational efficiencies achievable with VM-level storage.
- Changes in the datastore. New vSphere 6 management objects and mapping best practices.
- Performance considerations. How to configure and manage VVOL to best achieve performance goals.
- Storage vendor integration. How to evaluate the various levels of vendor integration with VVOL.
Tweet this: Event Series: Storage Best Practices for @VMware vSphere 6 & #VVOL via @DeepStorageNet @NexGenStorage – http://bit.ly/1K8YRLR
VMware VVOLs is an integration framework to enable VM-centric operations on external storage systems and extends the Software Defined Storage control plane to external storage through the use of the vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management. As a member of the VMware Virtual Volumes Developers Program, NexGen engineered the ability to surface its performance Quality of Service (QoS) policies and service levels in VMware vCenter™, which gives administrators the ability to provide the right storage service levels to each individual VM for extremely granular control.
The series of sixteen technical seminars kicks-off on May 12, 2015 in Denver, Colorado and continues throughout 2015. Dates and locations include:
- Dallas, TX – May 19
- San Diego, CA – May 20
- New York City, NY – June 10
- Atlanta, GA – June 11
- Seattle, WA – June 16
- Santa Clara, CA – June 17
- Washington, D.C. – July 14
- Charlotte, NC – July 15
- Indianapolis, IN – August 18
- Salt Lake City, UT – September 16
- Kansas City, KS – September 23
- Boston, MA – October 21
- Los Angeles, CA – December 8
Events are also planned for London and Amsterdam. For more information or to register for an event, click here.
- Listen to NexGen’s webinar on VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL) support
- View a demonstration of vSphere Virtual Volumes with the NexGen N5
- More on NexGen’s N5 Hybrid Flash Array products
- More on NexGen’s customers
- Follow NexGen via Twitter and Blog
About NexGen Storage
NexGen Storage offers value-driven hybrid flash arrays that let customers prioritize data and application performance based on business value. Unlike other storage solutions that treat all data the same, NexGen’s policy-based Quality of Service enables customers to avoid the high cost of all-flash arrays and the inconsistent performance of SSD-based hybrid arrays. By connecting customers to the business value of data, NexGen’s solutions deliver the predictable application performance end-users require combined with industry-leading flash utilization. Committed to channel success, NexGen provides reseller partners registered deal protection and rich margins on every opportunity. For more information, visit www.nexgenstorage.com.