AUSTIN, TEXAS – October 22, 2013 – e-MDs, a leading provider of electronic health records (EHRs) and practice management (PM) solutions, has climbed to number eight on Capterra’s Top 20 list of the Most Popular Electronic Health Records Software for 2013. Now in its second year, the 2013 ranking of the leading EHR solutions is derived using a popularity index based on the number of customers, number of users, and social media presence for each of the EHR vendors listed. e-MDs climbed six slots from its number 14 ranking in 2012.
“While our Top 20 ranking is by no means a comprehensive list of electronic health records software, it does give prospective buyers a quick overview of what’s popular among medical professionals and a place to start their research,” said Capterra CEO Michael Ortner. “The medical software market has shifted considerably in the past few years – even since January 2012, when Capterra released its first iteration of this EHR report – and that’s evidenced by solutions like e-MDs that continue to climb the chart.”
“This industry recognition continues a long-term trend of high ratings by physicians and industry consultants over nearly a decade,” said David Winn, MD, FAAFP, e-MDs’ chief executive officer and chairman of the board. “The rating reflects the growth in our customer base due to e-MDs’ unwavering focus on creating robust EHR and practice management software products that reflect real-world needs and workflows because they are designed by physicians for physicians.”
In addition to the Capterra recognition, e-MDs has garnered an impressive list of awards and recognition, including:
- Black Book Overall 2013 Best EHR Functionality Performance and #1 Top EHR Ambulatory Vendor for practices with 6-25 physicians, pediatrics, physical medicine/rehab, and dermatology
- Best in KLAS Ambulatory EMR (2-5 providers) and Best in KLAS Practice Management (2-5 providers) (2010)
- Multi-year recipient of the highest rating in the AmericanEHR Partners surveys developed by the American College of Physicians and Cientis Technologies to gauge real-world feedback on EHR satisfaction, usability, implementation and many other factors
- Achieved top ranking in 3 of the 4 American Academy of Family Physicians EHR user satisfaction surveys
- SureScripts White Coat recipient (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- EHR and EHR/PM achieved 5-Star (highest) rating for functionality, end-user satisfaction and company viability in AC Group’s Digital Medical Office of the Future Survey (updated March 2011)
- Ranked #1 for practices with 100+ providers and #5 overall in Medscape’s EHR Report 2012 that surveyed 21,000 physicians from 25 specialties
Capterra is the online marketplace for the enterprise software industry. Capterra’s online software directories and complementary tools provide organizations with a free, comprehensive resource to research software solutions. Capterra’s performance-based lead generation service provides targeted sales leads for enterprise software vendors. Founded in 1999, Capterra has helped millions of people select the right software solution for their organizations, while providing the ideal online channel for thousands of software vendors to reach active buyers. For more information, call (703) 994-4985 or visit www.capterra.com.
e-MDs is a leading developer of integrated electronic health records and practice management software for physician practices and enterprises. Founded and actively managed by physicians, the company is an industry leader for usable, connected software that enables physician productivity and a superior clinical experience. e-MDs software has received continual top rankings in physician and industry surveys including those conducted by the American Academy of Family Physicians’ Family Practice Management, KLAS®, AmericanEHR™ Partners, MedScape®, and Black Book®. e-MDs has a proven track record of positioning clients for success as demonstrated by Meaningful Use attainment in 2011-2012. According to data provided by CMS, e-MDs clients are attesting in the top proportion of all major vendors. For more information, please visit http://www.e-mds.com, http://facebook.e-mds.com, and https://twitter.com/emds.