CHICAGO, Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) announced today that Allscripts Professional Electronic Health Record (EHR) 13.0 is now generally available. The release of Allscripts Professional EHR 13.0 is part of the company’s ongoing client commitment to provide the tools needed to help them achieve Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2.
“Allscripts Professional EHR 13.0 is a reflection of our unwavering commitment to our clients,” said Paul M. Black, President and Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts. “This new version of Professional is a more powerful and more complete solution, with exceptional function and features.”
Allscripts Professional EHR 13.0 was certified for meeting ONC 2014 Edition Standards & Certification Criteria set by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®). ONC 2014 certification supports both Stage 1 and Stage 2 Meaningful Use, requiring EHR solutions have the capabilities that clients need to meet their attestation goals and clinical measures.
Intuitive operation, improved billing capabilities and specialty-specific clinical content makes Allscripts Professional the solution of choice for solo practitioners as well as mid-sized, multispecialty practices. Allscripts Professional EHR 13.0 has a number of important enhancements and features, including:
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 Compliance: Allscripts Professional has achieved complete and modular ONC 2014 certification, confirming that Allscripts Professional has the capabilities required for current Meaningful Use Stage 1 criteria and future Stage 2 criteria.
- Patient Portal Integration: Allscripts Professional can send and receive secure messages with patients through full patient portal integration. Allscripts Professional is integrated with FollowMyHealth™ and Intuit Patient Portals, enabling messaging between patients and providers. Integration with a full patient portal is required for meeting Meaningful Use Stage 2 standards.
In addition, Allscripts Professional 13.0 also includes enhancements to core EHR functionality which can help clients increase user efficiency and improve day-to-day use, including the following capabilities:
- Bi-Directional Immunizations: Receive immunization data from state immunization registries that are capable of exchanging data with practices.
- Care Plans and Goals: Build care plans, set goals, track patient progress, and identify barriers through the core EHR solution.
- InfoButton Technology: Context sensitive patient education and referential decision support are now available through InfoButton technology.
To complement Allscripts Professional EHR 13.0, and to help position practices to attain Meaningful Use, Allscripts offers multiple service options:
- Remote Assessments are available for all stages of Meaningful Use: Stage one, year one; stage one, year two; and stage two.
- Onsite Consultative Services are also available, including Meaningful Use Attestation Readiness Validation, which features a comprehensive assessment of a practice’s needs for Meaningful Use readiness.
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) delivers the insights that healthcare providers require to generate world-class outcomes. The company’s Electronic Health Record, practice management and other clinical, revenue cycle, connectivity and information solutions create a Connected Community of Health™ for physicians, hospitals and post-acute organizations. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.