WASHINGTON D.C. – (October 22, 2013) – Today the mHealth Summit announced the keynote and executive spotlight lineup for the largest global conference and expo focused on the intersection of mobile/wireless and healthcare delivery. The 5th annual mHealth Summit, taking place from December 8-11 in Washington D.C., will bring together health and technology influencers, developers, policy makers, business leaders and key stakeholders to lead the industry in discussion around the mobile health ecosystem and the future of innovation. This year’s lineup of keynote and executive speakers represent the diversity of mobile health influencers from both a domestic and global perspective. Talks will address everything from the health technology needs in developing countries to funding for the next digital health innovations.
2013 Keynote Speakers include:
- Margaret Hamburg, U.S. Food and Drug Administration Commissioner
- Paul Jacobs, Qualcomm Incorporated Chairman of the Board & CEO
- Astrid Krag, Danish Minister of Health
- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize winner & Grameen Movement Founder
Executive Spotlight sessions, will feature thought leaders from key areas sharing insights from across an array of industries. Executive Spotlight speakers include:
- Eric Dishman, Intel Fellow and General Manager of Health and Life Sciences
- Philip Fasano, Kaiser Permanente Executive Vice President & CIO
- Helena Foulkes, CVS Executive Vice President and Chief Health Care Strategy and Marketing Officer
- Chris Hill, AT&T Advanced Business Solutions Senior Vice President
- Andrew Kress, IMS Health Senior Vice President for Healthcare Value Solutions
- Harry Totonis, Surescripts President and CEO
- David Tripi, Janssen Healthcare Innovation Founding Partner
- Martha Wofford, Aetna CarePass Vice President
“The mHealth Summit is unique as we are able to draw stakeholders from all corners of the mobile health ecosystem. It is the one gathering that covers the growing range of topics and challenges that are emerging as the mHealth develops, expands and becomes integrated into the greater healthcare system,” said Rich Scarfo, Vice President, Events at HIMSS Media and Director of the mHealth Summit. “This year’s roster of international keynote and executive spotlight speakers will be sure to promote robust, cross-sector conversations at the Summit.”
Registration is open now for the 2013 mHealth Summit taking place December 8-11, 2013 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in the Washington, D.C. area. Agenda details can be found at www.mhealthsummit.org. Additional speakers and special events will be announced leading up to the Summit; keep up with Summit news @mhealthsummit and join the conversation using #mHealth13.
About the mHealth Summit
The 2013 mHealth Summit, the global convener of the expanding mobile health ecosystem, explores the disruptions, challenges and opportunities of the expanding integration of mobile and wireless technologies into the healthcare system, and in consumer and patient engagement, for the delivery of better health outcomes. The 5th annual mHealth Summit will take place December 8-11, 2013 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in the Washington, D.C. area. The mHealth Summit is presented by HIMSS, in partnership with the National Institutes of Health, the mHealth Alliance and the Foundation for the NIH. For more information, visit www.mhealthsummit.org; and follow at @mhealthsummit or #mHealth13.