MGMA announced that Debra J. Wiggs, FACMPE, founder and chief executive officer (CEO), Trinity Management Solutions, Bellingham, Wash., will serve as Board chair of MGMA. Wiggs has provided executive leadership in medical group management roles for private, public and hospital-based organizations in both rural and metropolitan settings. She served as vice president of physician services, St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Idaho, from 2011 to 2014.
Stephen A. Dickens, JD, FACMPE, senior consultant of organizational dynamics, State Volunteer Mutual Insurance Co., Brentwood, Tenn., will continue to serve as immediate past chair and member of the MGMA Executive Committee. Mickey Smith, FACMPE, FACHE, FHFMA, chief executive officer, Oak Hill Hospital, Brooksville, Fla., will serve as MGMA Board vice chair. Ronald W. Holder Jr., MHA, FACMPE, vice president, medical specialties – Central Texas, Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple, Texas, will serve as the finance and audit chair of the MGMA Board of Directors. Jerard Jensen, MGMA interim president and CEO, will also serve on the MGMA Board of Directors.
New members appointed to the MGMA Board of Directors include:
• Yvette T. Doran, FACMPE, corporate director, Physician Operations Division II, Community Health Systems Professional Services Corporation, Franklin, Tenn.
• Todd Grages, FACMPE, FACHE, president, Methodist Physicians Clinic, Omaha, Neb.
• William R. Hambsh, CPA, CMPE, chief executive officer, North Florida Women’s Care, Tallahassee
Returning MGMA Board members include:
• James D. Barrett, MS, FACMPE, independent consultant, Baltimore
• David A. Kelch, FACMPE, executive director, SSM Medical Group-West, St. Charles, Mo.
• Brian P. Kelly, MBA, CMPE, chief executive officer, Women’s Healthcare Associates LLC, Beaverton, Ore.
• Julie A. Lineberger, MBA, FACMPE, administrator, Surgical Care Affiliates, Boise, Idaho
• Karen Marcelo, FACMPE, director, medical operations, Advocate Physician Partners, Advocate Health Care, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
• Ronald G. Rehn, DHA, MPA, CMPE, chief operating officer, Providence Northeast Washington Medical Group, Colville
• Marie S. Walton, CMPE, vice president of practice management, U. S. Anesthesia Partners, Houston, vice chair, Finance and Audit Committee, MGMA Board of Directors
• Shirley J. Zwinggi, MBA, FACMPE, practice administrator, UT Southwestern Medical Center, University of Texas, Department of Surgery, Dallas
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) helps create successful medical practices that deliver the highest-quality patient care. As the leading association for medical practice administrators and executives since 1926, MGMA helps improve members’ practices through exclusive member benefits, education, resources, news, information, advocacy, and networking opportunities, and produces some of the most credible and robust medical practice economic data and data solutions in the industry. MGMA advances the profession of medical practice management with its industry-leading board certification and Fellowship programs through the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
Through its national membership and 50 state affiliates, MGMA represents more than 33,000 medical practice administrators and executives in practices of all sizes, types, structures and specialties. MGMA is headquartered in Englewood, Colo., with a Government Affairs office in Washington, D.C.