WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) today introduced Medscape MedPulse, an innovative medical news app for iPhone and iPad that enables healthcare professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest medical news and expert perspectives in a free, easy-to-navigate app that can be personalized to their interests. Medscape MedPulse features the latest medical content from Medscape’s award-winning editorial team, and is the first medical news app to include an automatically curated Twitter feed to help users stay informed of important medical trends being shared in real-time by physicians and other leading medical commentators.
“In the rapidly changing world of medicine, physicians need a personalized mobile app to stay abreast of the latest medical developments,” said Steve Zatz, M.D., President, WebMD. “As the leading resource for healthcare professionals, Medscape will continue developing innovative new products that engage and inform our users anywhere, anytime.”
MedPulse delivers the top news in medicine and in-depth specialty news and insights from the top medical thought leaders. Users of the new app can:
- Read the latest medical news and commentary from Medscape, the leading source of professional medical information.
- Keep up on vital professional and practice information with Medscape’s popular Business of Medicine section, which examines the business, legal, ethical and practice challenges of today’s doctors.
- Stay current with breaking drug and device news from the FDA, new practice guidelines and practice-changing clinical trials.
- Personalize their experience by choosing the specialties, topics and experts that are most important to them.
- Follow what’s trending in medicine across social media and around the web with Medscape’s curated Today on Twitter feature and influential blog feeds.
MedPulse filters out the noise and focuses on the most pertinent information healthcare professionals need to know. MedPulse combines up-to-the-minute medical news within a focused experience with the latest insights from industry thought leaders so a user does not have to go to multiple sites and platforms.
The MedPulse app is available now in the iTunes store. Register for a free Medscape account by visiting www.medscape.com. To learn more about the MedPulse app, please visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/medscape-medpulse-news-perspective/id848416546.
WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education and other owned WebMD sites.