Verisk Health announced that its Quality Intelligence solution suite contains HEDIS Certified Measures that have been certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The measures are ready for 2015 HEDIS® (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) reporting. This year marks the 15th consecutive season that the company has achieved this certification. Verisk Health is a leader in data-driven healthcare solutions and a long-standing NCQA Measure CertificationSM beta-testing affiliate. Verisk Health is a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business.
“We’re excited to deliver so early in the 2015 reporting season our HEDIS solution, which is 100 percent certified for all measures tested in the NCQA Measure Certification program,” said Nadine Hays, president of Verisk Health. “It’s critical for our payer and provider clients to be able to effectively monitor, evaluate, and establish compliance with clinical standards. Our solution will help them repeat their success in past years.”
The NCQA Measure Certification process requires solution providers to recertify each year to ensure compliance with the latest quality measure specifications. Verisk Health has a long-standing relationship with NCQA, achieving certification each year since 2001 and acting as a certification beta-testing vendor since 2003.
Claims from approximately 33 percent of the U.S. insured population that submit to NCQA are processed through the Verisk Health engine. The Verisk Health Quality Intelligence solution is used by payers and providers to track, measure, and benchmark adherence to clinical standards. It enables managed care organizations to view results quickly and easily for each HEDIS measure, sample, and chase calculation performed. Key uses of the solution include:
- calculating HEDIS measures from source healthcare data
- analyzing HEDIS data using robust filters, drills, and reports
- identifying gaps in care for proactive interventions
- collecting hybrid medical record data
- reviewing and retrieving medical records
- developing custom measures for clinical reporting initiatives
- accessing secure, web-enabled software that facilitates the communication, planning, and managing of projects and checkpoints related to HEDIS measure production
- analyzing PQRS and pay-for-performance measures
- accessing chart review tools and services
- supporting state-specific measure reporting requirements (MRMIBB, Medi-MCAL, P4P, AHCA, QARR, EQR, CHIP) and Medicare STARS (Part-C and Part-D)
About Verisk Health
Verisk Health is transforming the business of healthcare by providing data services, analytics, and advanced technologies that answer the industry’s most complex challenges. With a focus on reducing risk across all domains of healthcare, Verisk Health’s broad solution suite is designed to help health plans, employers, providers, and other risk-bearing entities improve the quality of healthcare delivery, reduce costs, optimize risk-adjusted revenue, ensure payment accuracy, and support compliance. From effective population health management, quality reporting, revenue accuracy, and chart retrieval to tackling fraud, waste, and abuse, Verisk Health is committed to answering the unique challenges of its clients. Verisk Health is a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business. For more information, please visit veriskhealth.com.
 Source: NCQA.org