ST. LOUIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Lumeris, an accountable care delivery innovation company, today announced that Debra Gribble, executive vice president of Lumeris and Essence Healthcare, and Dr. Edward Scanlan, medical director of Network Health, have been selected to lead a roundtable presentation during the HIMSS14 Annual Conference in Orlando, Fla. The session will explore how collaborative payers are engaging and empowering providers to meet quality, cost and utilization metrics in their value-based contracts and increase return on investment for the entire health care delivery system.
In addition, Lumeris will be joined by Healthwise, a health content, technology and services nonprofit, at Lumeris booth 4583 to demonstrate how the use of clinical content through Lumeris’ Accountable Delivery System Platform SM (ADSP) enables providers, patients and populations to make value-based decisions that lead to better health outcomes.
What: HIMSS Educational Session: Collaborative Payer Innovations Driving ROI in Value-Based Care
When: Wednesday, Feb. 26: 8:30 a.m. EST
Who: Debra Gribble, executive vice president, Lumeris and Essence Healthcare; Dr. Edward Scanlan, medical director, Network Health
Where: HIMSS14 Annual Conference, Room 303A, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
Health care reform has led to the creation of a new, more collaborative payer that is innovating to produce better quality patient care and population health outcomes at a lower cost. This interactive session will feature two leading payers, a mature payer engaged in full risk and one that is just beginning the value-based journey. Both will discuss the business and care delivery transformation and incentives, information and tools needed to succeed in accountable care. Learning objectives of the session include:
- Key characteristics of a successful accountable care organization and how to apply them to your organization
- The ROI of value-based delivery practices on patient health, physician satisfaction and health care costs
- Processes necessary to launch accountable care initiatives, implement essential technology solutions, engage physicians, and better manage population health
What: Joint Lumeris and Healthwise Technology Demonstrations
When: Monday, Feb. 24: 12-6 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 25: 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26: 9:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Who: Lumeris and Healthwise Subject Matter Experts
Where: HIMSS14 Annual Conference, Booth 4583, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
Lumeris will present patient- and population-level technology demonstrations with Healthwise. Using Lumeris’ ADSP, the demo will show how providers will be able to:
- View a patient’s complete medical history from across the continuum of care
- Identify Healthwise clinical content to help a patient achieve better health outcomes
- Select Healthwise clinical content through the ADSP and send to a patient via email or text message and track whether or not the patient has reviewed the content
- Use Healthwise clinical content to help a patient understand diagnoses, treatment options and the importance of preventive health screenings
Also throughout the show, Lumeris will deliver presentations at booth 4583 on key industry topics, including:
- Monday, Feb. 24: Care Management at 2 p.m. and Clinical Data Integration at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: Clinical Data Integration at 10 a.m., Nine C’sSM at 2 p.m. and Care Management at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: Care Management at 10 a.m.
Lumeris is a sponsor of the HIMSS Provider-Payer Community, which bridges the gap between providers and payers to achieve collaborative care transformation. The HIMSS Provider-Payer Community will host a Networking Lunch by invitation only on Monday, Feb. 24, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in room 209, as well as a Meet-up on Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 9 a.m. at the HIMSS Spot in Lobby C. Both community activities promote problem solving, solution sharing, education, and peer-to-peer networking and feature Keith Blankenship, vice president of technical solutions, Lumeris.
Lumeris is an accountable care delivery innovation company offering health systems, payers and providers operational support, technology and consulting services. Our technology-enabled solutions and services help health care organizations design, build, operate, measure, and optimize any accountable care model to accomplish the Triple Aim Plus One: better health outcomes, lower costs and improved patient plus physician satisfaction. The depth and breadth of Lumeris’ solutions — combined with its near decade of experience in accountable care — make the company an ideal partner for any health care organization seeking the benefits of a better connected, aligned and informed accountable delivery system. For more information, call 1.888.586.3747 or visit Lumeris.com.