HP announces two additions to its leading business tablet lineup, both of which are available with a broad set of accessories to help transform tablets into total business solutions that increase mobility and security.
- The HP ElitePad 1000 has been upgraded with a brighter and more durable touch screen with a 16:10 screen-aspect ratio, 4G connectivity(1) and 64-bit capabilities to go along with its world-class design and HP Smart Jacket accessory ecosystem.
- The new HP ProPad 600 offers essential productivity with on-the-go, long battery life, and versatile Windows 8.1 and x86 compatibility for legacy applications.(2)
HP also launched the HP TX1 POS Solution, a sleek yet durable HP ProPad based point-of-sale (POS) solution that bolsters HP’s world-class portfolio of retail solutions for tablets that help businesses deliver a secure and simple retail experience to their customers.
Tablets have taken a central role in business with 21 percent of employees requesting a tablet from their IT managers.(3) The changing nature of work—including an increasingly diverse, tech-savvy workforce and the evolution of the traditional workplace—has led to growing demand for light, flexible, powerful mobile devices such as HP tablets that both support a work/life blend and lock in to an organization’s IT infrastructure for manageability and increased security.
“Our tablets and mobile ecosystem continue to evolve to meet the growing transformation of the workplace,” said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. “The line between work and life has blurred to the point that it’s now a true blend, where employees increasingly require stylish, business-ready mobile devices that don’t make any sacrifices to productivity, reliability or security.”
HP ElitePad: The premier business tablet
The sleek, new HP ElitePad business tablet features Windows 8.1 and 64-bit x86 compatibility to allow businesses to adapt to changing business needs and stay competitive. HP’s thinnest tablet ever—just 9.2 mm thin and weighing 1.5 pounds—the HP ElitePad is elegantly designed with a stunning direct-bonded 10.1-inch diagonal Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array (WUXGA) multitouch panel that is outdoor viewable. This is mated with a durable, scratch-resistant, antismudge, easy-to-clean Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 display screen. Staying productive while on the move is made even easier with an optional Qualcomm® GobiTM 4G LTE modem, a product of Qualcomm Technologies Inc. The HP ElitePad also features a CNC-machined aluminum unibody chassis that is engineered to withstand MIL-STD 810G testing(4)and up to 115,000 hours of reliability testing through the HP Total Test Process.
The HP ElitePad is backed by a complete accessory ecosystem that ensures maximum productivity, security and ease of use. HP Smart Jackets such as the Expansion Jacket can extend battery life while expanding connectivity options, and the Productivity Jacket offers a substantial productivity boost with a built-in keyboard, USB ports, an adjustable stand and more. HP Smart Jackets also offer a customizable tablet experiences for specific business uses. This includes a Security Jacket with multifactor user authentication through smart card support and a fingerprint reader to prevent unauthorized access, and a Retail POS Jacket, which is included in the HP MX10 Retail Solution.
IT managers can rest easy giving employees a tablet that fits seamlessly into the existing IT environment with enterprise-ready HP Client Management, which provides the flexibility to use optional industry-leading management solutions from LANDesk, Microsoft and others. Business data stays secure with enterprise-level security features including HP Client Security, HP BIOS and the optional HP Security Smart Jacket. Plus, with the optional HP ElitePad Service Tool,(5) the HP ElitePad becomes fully self-serviceable so businesses can keep sensitive data and devices in-house—and save both time and money.
HP ProPad: Everything business needs, everywhere business happens
The new HP ProPad is built for businesses whose employees spend as much time out of the office as in it. No matter how long the day gets or where work takes them, employees can stay productive with the latest Intel® Atom Quad-Core Processor,(6) long battery life, Windows 8.1,(3) preloaded HP apps and up to 64 GB of storage—plus a microSD expansion slot for 32 GB(7)more space. The HP ProPad also will be backed by a growing accessory ecosystem, starting with the HP TX1 POS Solution, which gives employees a customized, productive tablet experience.
The HP ProPad is a connectivity hub featuring Bluetooth 4.0 and integrated HP ePrint software,(8) allowing users to remain productive no matter where they work. In the office, employees can share files, photos and videos with the built-in micro-HDMI and a stunning 10-inch high-res WUXGA Corning Gorilla Glass display,(9) or share to a wireless display via Miracast.(10)
The HP ProPad also includes security features to keep business running smoothly. Microsoft Defender provides enhanced protection against virus attacks and other threats, while a software-based TPM(11) solution protects against identity theft and certificate-based hacks.
HP TX1 POS Solution: Take business to the next level.
The HP ProPad is supported by a range of accessories led by the HP TX1 POS Solution, a sleek tablet-based offering designed for small business retailers—including hospitality and restaurant retailers. The HP TX1 includes a sturdy stand that securely holds the tablet upright, turns and tilts with ease to capture a customer’s signature and can be easily detached to take the tablet on the go, along with other essential accessories to complete sales transactions professionally yet comfortably.
In addition, businesses can integrate the full functionality of the Windows 8.1 HP ProPad, as well as other business productivity applications, seamlessly and securely. Plus, the HP TX1 POS Solution is backed by HP’s hardware warranty to give businesses peace of mind so the focus can be on growing the business.
Pricing and availability
- The HP ElitePad is expected to be available in March for a starting price of $739.(12)
- The HP ProPad is expected to be available in April. Pricing will be set closer to availability.
- The HP TX1 POS Solution is expected to be available May. Pricing will vary by configuration.
(1) 4G LTE module is optional and requires separately purchased wireless service contract. Check with provider for availability and coverage in a specific area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions and other factors.
(2) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8.1 functionality. See microsoft.com.
(3) Vertic, 2012
(4) MIL STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions
(5) Requires purchase of HP service tool. Additional information about HP’s self-maintainer program for customers located in the United States and Canada is available atwww.hp.com/partners/SMprogram. Customers in Latin America, EMEA and Asia Pacific can work directly with their sales account representative to understand what self-repair program options may be available.
(6) Quad core is a new technology designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(7) Up to 32 GB of expandable storage. MicroSD card sold separately. For Solid State Drives (SSD), GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 10 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at hp.com/go/eprintcenter).
(9) High-definition (HD) content is required to view HD images. Resolutions are dependent upon monitor capability, and resolution and color depth settings.
(10) Miracast compliant devices are tested to operate with Miracast routers. Utilization requires proximity to a Miracast router, which is not included with the purchase of this tablet.
(11) A subset of the TPM 2.0 specification version v0.89 as implemented by Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).
(12) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary. Pricing and availability for U.S. only. Global pricing and availability upon request.