CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Recognized as the launching site for cutting-edge, new products and services in the health IT industry, the HIMSS14 Exhibition Hall offers more than 500,000 square feet of space for more than 1,200 exhibiting companies that will be on-site at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. In fact, compared to last year, HIMSS14 is trending higher for the number of companies represented on the show floor.
Attendee preference: At HIMSS14, the exhibition hall hours have been extended on the three days exhibits are open, with more overlap between education hours and exhibition hours. As a result, the floor will remain open during mid-day break.
HIMSS14 Exhibition Hall Hours:
Monday, Feb. 24: Noon – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 25: 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26: 9:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
“Each year, we listen to our attendees and exhibitors as we prepare for our next annual conference. They asked for more time on the exhibition floor, and so, we have increased the hours to provide more time for interaction and networking between our exhibitors and conference attendees,” said Elli Riley, Director, Exhibits and Meeting Services, HIMSS. “In addition, we have added new features to the floor, such a dedicated area reserved for first-time exhibitors and startup companies, the Intelligent Medical Home as part of the Intelligent Hospital, a reimagined Interoperability Showcase, the Connected Patient Learning Gallery and much more.”
Riley emphasized the HIMSS14 Exhibit Hall supports the overall vision of HIMSS, with the products and services on the floor demonstrating how information technology improves health. With that in mind, HIMSS also has organized certain products and services on the exhibition floor into specific sections, such as co-locating the Meaningful Use Experience with the Interoperability Showcase as well as specific products and services appropriate for the Knowledge Centers and the Connected Patient Learning Gallery.
The HIMSS Exhibition Hall includes:
- New! The Connected Patient Learning Gallery – Located in Hall A, the Connected Patient Learning Gallery is a hands-on, interactive area showcases innovative health IT products and services that address various aspects of e-engaging providers and patients, as well as ways to integrate these products for patient care.
- New! First-Time HIMSS Exhibitors/Startup Showcase – HIMSS will have a First- Time HIMSS Exhibitor dedicated area on the show floor in Hall E that will be one central location to see over 120 first time HIMSS exhibitors and startup companies .
- Newly Reimagined HIMSS Interoperability Showcase – This year, HIMSS has significantly expanded the Interoperability Showcase™ by merging it with the Meaningful Use Experience. This combined, 36,000 square-foot area located in Hall F is designed to emphasize how collaborative technology is vital to the realization of connected health and patient empowerment.
- New! The Intelligent Medical Home at The Intelligent Hospital™ Pavilion – The new Intelligent Medical (IM) Home will demonstrate the longitudinal flow of real-time data from the patient recovering at home back to the primary caregiver at the local hospital, demonstrating the continuum of health and wellness through technology. – Hall E, Booth 8265
- Get real-world expertise, education, vendor products and services, and resources on two of the hottest healthcare topics-clinical and business analytics/intelligence and mobile health-at this year’s Knowledge Centers.
- New! Federal Health IT Solutions Pavilion – Located in Hall A, visitors can explore a variety of products and services and attend educational sessions from many U.S. federal agencies in this unique part of the show floor
- New! HIMSS14 Wellness Challenge – Attendees can register to be a part of the Wellness challenge and have a chance to win great daily prizes.
HIMSS would also like to thank the anchor exhibitors
- Allscripts: Booth: 3944
- Cerner: Booth: 6965
- Epic: Booth: 2139
- GE Healthcare: Booth: 1003
- McKesson: Booth: 1365
- Optum: Booth: 5665
- Perceptive Software: 4765
- Siemens: Booth: 3165
View all HIMSS14 exhibitors by Company or Product and Service
Tips for ‘making big manageable” in the exhibit hall provides guidance on how to select those exhibits of interest and value to attendees, based on their health IT solution needs.
HIMSS is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). HIMSS leads efforts to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology.
HIMSS is a cause-based, global enterprise producing health IT thought leadership, education, events, market research and media services around the world. Founded in 1961, HIMSS encompasses more than 52,000 individuals, of which more than two-thirds work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations across the globe, plus over 600 corporations and 250 not-for-profit partner organizations, that share this cause. HIMSS, headquartered in Chicago, serves the global health IT community with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.