Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) has announced Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care 14.2, with advanced workflow, billing and supply chain features to aid proactive management of the perioperative environment, is now generally available.
Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care is an enterprise-wide solution developed on the Allscripts Sunrise™ electronic health record platform. It provides a continuous, patient-level record specialized to meet the distinct IT needs of surgery and perioperative care, including pre-operative, orders, and documentation.
“Combining acute, surgical, emergency and ambulatory systems into a single patient record with advanced clinical guidance is extremely complex,” said Dr. Diane Bradley, General Manager, Sunrise business unit for Allscripts. “In today’s global, high acuity health care environment, we architected and built a surgical solution relevant for the entire care continuum, unified with the continuous patient record of Allscripts Sunrise and our comprehensive revenue cycle solution. We believe our latest version of Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care adds even greater levels of functionality to an already robust surgical solution.”
“Bronx-Lebanon is getting tremendous value from Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care,” said Ivan Durbak, Chief Information Officer, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center. “Built natively as part of the Sunrise platform of clinical and financial solutions, the exceptional functionality of Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care has helped Bronx-Lebanon achieve greater operational efficiencies along with better financial and clinical outcomes.”
New or augmented features of Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care 14.2 include:
- Surgery charger with billing interface
- An easy to configure and maintain charge module specific to hospital policies to help increase revenue and decrease lost charges.
- Health issues updates
- Allscripts Sunrise health issue records can be automatically updated with the surgical procedure(s) performed after the case record is closed, streamlining documentation and helping hospitals meet Meaningful Use 2 requirements.
- Visual case list
- An enhanced visual case list with color-code entries highlights the current status of a case based on key milestones, improving team coordination and communication across the care team.
- Personal health information can be hidden on status boards in public areas and waiting rooms.
- Vendor-agnostic supply management
- Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care is vendor-agnostic and works with almost all hospital materials systems.
- Populates the system supply catalog with details associated with surgery items.
- Keeps both systems in sync for accurate preference card management, supply usage and charge capture.
- Dynamic scheduling
- Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care features accurate scheduling based on historical averages for increased efficiency of scheduling of clinicians and resources.
Allscripts Sunrise Surgical Care 14.2 reflects a new Sunrise release-numbering convention that reflects the year and quarter of each release.
Allscripts Sunrise is an integral component in of a successful population health EHR solution, offering a single database that brings together clinical and revenue cycle management across the campus, the enterprise and the community in one unified database. Allscripts Sunrise solutions include a single EHR for emergency, inpatient and ambulatory care settings as well as platforms for patient engagement and consent management. Used by many of the leading hospitals and health systems in the world, it offers clinician-specific workflows that help drive adoption of clinical decision support that can lead to improved outcomes.
Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) is a leader in healthcare information technology solutions that advance clinical, financial and operational results. Our innovative solutions connect people, places and data across an Open, Connected Community of Health™. Connectivity empowers caregivers to make better decisions and deliver better care for healthier populations. To learn more, visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, YouTube and It Takes A Community: The Allscripts Blog.